Wednesday 18 January 2012

2012 - plans for reaching goal weight

Monday 9th Jan - 78.8kg
Monday 16th Jan - 78.5kg

2012 - according to the Mayan calendar, this could be our final year on the planet. I'm slightly dubious of that, but my chances of dying by asteroid collision with Earth is about the same as me dying by an air crash.

Anyway, weight loss. I gained over Christmas/New Year. This was the first time that happened, the last two Christmas/New Year periods I lost. It probably had to do with me spending Christmas day alone. That's a bit of a downer. Same with New Years eve.

I now have 12.5kg to go to reach goal weight, and I want to reach it this year. That's about 35 grams a day, if I want to reach it by the end of the year. That's entirely doable by just diet alone. But I want to reach it sooner. That means exercise. Walking and running.

About 20 days ago, I started a 100 day running challenge. It was going well, until last night. I just forgot. I went out in the evening to see a film (Darkest Hour - a reasonably enjoyable film) and bused back home. My car has a problem with the fuel pump, it'll get fixed in the next week. I ended up Skyping (video calling on my computer) and just forgot to have a run. Guess what? My 100 day challenge restarts. I want to have a self-challenge that I actually get to complete.

I have a lot of spare time, so I want to walk. Walking is ideal for someone with a lot of time. Every day, I want to go for a long walk. I'm sure that will help with the weight loss.

I have signed up for a group weigh-in at a very popular website. 1700 people signed up, a huge number. Only about 10% will post their weights by the end of the 3 months, and I want to be one of them. But more than that, I want to weigh less with each weigh-in. With the previous 3 month group weigh-in, only 3 people (one medium weight, two heavy) had each weigh-in lower than the previous out of 1000 starters. I want to be one of them this time. I have faith that I can do this, I've done it before.

Tomorrow, I start with my 'perfect eating' graphic. If I eat perfectly, I get a green square. Otherwise, it's red. I've done this before, and it's helped. Not a lot, but it's helped.

I want to reach goal weight somewhere between June and August. Is that achievable? Definitely. I'm not 100% certain I'll achieve it then, but I'm going to make aim for that period and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely achievable to reach your goal weight by then. Give it a good go and see what happens.

    I love walking, it's great not only for weight loss but also it's a great relaxing way to exercise too. It's easy yet over a period of time it's really affective too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get to your goal, especially if you add in the walking to your healthy eating. When I lost my weight and even now - walking was my primary exercise. In my heart I want to run, but my knees rarely cooperate.

    ReplyDelete