Thursday 17 January 2013

Christmas gain


70.0kg.

It's been a while and my weight has slowly marched upwards, then Christmas came along and there was another gain.  I've been slack at posting here on the blog as well.

4kg to lose.  That's about 13 percent of my total weight loss, so I'm not worried.  I started yesterday with my unlimited sardines and vegetables diet.  I had a huge headache yesterday, caused by going low carb.  But I've started.  So doing that diet (the best I've ever done, in my opinion, lack of hunger) I'm very confident that I'll get back to 66kg.

I made the mistake of upgrading to the beta of Internet Explorer 10, which caused numerous blue screens of death whenever I used it, so I downgraded and they didn't go away.  So in the last couple of months I've basically read zero weight loss blogs, as they are all listed on the RSS reader on IE.  I'll be doing a reinstall in the next week and the problem will go away.

It's a bit sad that there will always be a 4kg blip on my graphs for the rest of the lifetime of the blog, but that's life, it was fair to say that most of my motivation left me when I reached goal weight.

My trip is still in the planning stage (I've yet to get tickets, passport or travel insurance) because I've got so much to do before I leave.  It's all overwhelming, which is why I'm thinking of leaving mid May, giving me hundreds of potential hours of time to do things.  I've taken voluntary redundancy at work early February which is good because it gives me both more time and more money to play with.

I've been in contact with a nice lady in the Philippines but I do wonder why someone would want to date a guy who'll only be there for a year.  I'll guess I'll find out soon enough.  It looks like we'll have a great time together but I'm a bit worried about the inevitable heartbreak at the airport 12 months later.

Sorry that this post has just seemed like a 'checklist'.  It's really just a catch up post.  4kg above goal.  That's not a lot, it's not awful, and it is definitely manageable.  One thing is certain, I won't be getting on the plane unless I'm at 66 or less.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes.....the holiday gain! I decided to stop drinking alcohol Thanksgiving to Christmas and lost 1.5 pounds, promptly gained it back almost immediately over the Xmas holiday and trying to get it off again. :)

    ReplyDelete