Sunday 10 June 2018

Another plan

It's been a while since I last posted, how am I going?  Well I gained probably a few kilograms, and then I lost probably a few kilograms.  My last weight was 88.1 kg, about a week ago.  I've restarted using a kilojoule counting app called Lifesum, I have used it in the past successfully, for a whopping 6 months between January and July last year.  I'm aiming for about 6,000 KJ per day. 

One of my big concerns is what happens when I reach goal weight.  Will I rebound?  Well, I really don't know.  I've been at goal weight 5 times I think (I don't have my spreadsheet installed so I don't exactly know).  That's 4 times too many.  One time I was at goal weight for only a few days.

My idea:

So the idea I've had for a while (and I maybe even wrote it on the blog somewhere) is to smoothly cruise into goal weight so slowly that I barely notice it.  If I'm always 3 months away from goal weight, I will reduce my weight loss rate as I get closer to 66 kg.  Eventually I'll get tired of not being at goal weight, and just lose normally for a few weeks or so.

Why 3 months?  In my opinion, that's the longest period where I still feel I am not very far away from goal weight.  In other words, it's not too bad.  6 months is too far away. 

If I assume that I can lose 100 grams a day, that means 9 kg left to lose at 75 kg.  That's 13 kilograms away, or 130 days.  That's mid October.  So once I hit 75 kg, I won't slow down my weight loss, but I'll keep track of how I'm going and plan things.  Of course I could change my opinion tomorrow, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

I'll try to post at least monthly, maybe even weekly.  I also want to post graphs from the food intake app.


No comments:

Post a Comment