Tuesday 29 December 2009

Lowest weight in over a year



Yes, it's been a while. I should have been posting every week, but I haven't posted in over six weeks, so my apologies for that. It's just me being disorganised, for some reason I don't always do what I had planned to do, I can put off things and then the weeks turn into over a month.

I've been losing weight, as the graph above shows, but not nearly as much as I should have, as the graph below shows. Anyway, today I was lowest weight in over a year, something to be pleased with. It's taken so long! Nearly 4 months.

The graph below shows the point where I should be (green line) and the red line shows where I should be running. I've only done about 6 minutes of running, where I should have been running for 30 minutes each day I'm above the red line. The reason of course is that I dislike running, at least initially, and it was unrealistic to expect that I just started at 30 minutes. Also, I'm really hoping that I can do this whole weight loss thing without exercise, to prove that it really isn't necessary. I'm trying to show that what motivates people is far, far more important than exercise or even what you eat.



However, I really have to do something to motivate me, because I've just been spending the last month just cruising along, and hardly losing any weight. The shirt motivation isn't working particularly well at the moment, because I need to throw away two more shirts. I suspect that it's just me deciding that I need to reduce the number of shirts I own, and just taking that way.

On a plus side, I've been having 100g of protein for about 10 days, I started on the 18th of December. I've pretty much decided that my holiday at Piha will have to wait until summer, it won't be warm enough 90 days from now to go camping, or rather I'd prefer it to be warmer. I'll just go about a year from now. All I have to do is eat protein consistently.

I still want to use running as a motivation, but I'll use the graph below, which is the difference between daily measurements and the green line in the graph above. So long as I move towards the green line, however slowly, that's fine. But if I'm further away from the green line than I was a month previous, I'll need to start running, starting off one minute at a time, rather than large amounts that I can't do. I'll figure out the exact method of punishment.



The whole blog thing (where I try to find people who are consistent losers) is interesting. Initially, I found 270 weight loss blogs. Of those exactly 100 posted their weight in November (weight tickers don't count, because I don't know when it was updated), and it's now almost the end of December. Quite a few have gained in December, so I'll let you know next time I do a weigh in (Monday) how many have lost in December.

I'm relieved that I've achieved this lowest weight in over a year. I'm almost 1/4 through the loss, so I've got a lot to go still. I have a feeling that I'm going to make it. I just don't want it to take ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment