Monday 23 November 2009

Weigh-in



The past week has gone really well, I lost 500 grams, which was about what I expected to lose.

On Monday I watched 2012, the film was okay, nothing special but it's the first disaster film I've seen which had a bit of comedy in it.

Wednesday I saw My Sister's Keeper, this upset me a bit, so I felt like a treat, so had a coffee and slice (flour 8). Then I had dinner with a group that I haven't been with in about a year, so I didn't feel bad having pasta (flour 9). After that, I went home and surprise, surprise, had 3 stale biscuits that Becky had lying around (flour 10). I consider that to be brainless eating. It's been a long time since I did that, hopefully it won't happen too often. Because I had flour 3 times on Wednesday, I'll count each individually, since if I don't it's possible for me to have a brainless binge session.

My weight increased by about 1 kilogram after that meal, and stayed that way until about Saturday. The graph shows a maximum daily change of 200 grams (excepting sudden drops such as on Sunday), which is why the whole kilogram is not shown. By the way, I worked out on my spreadsheet that I've been heavier than what I weigh now for over 500 days!

The 100 day challenges are going well, I'm ahead in terms of weight (I should bank it up and use it for Christmas, maybe) and protein is going okay at the moment as well. I've also decided to try the Shangri-lah diet again. You probably won't know what this is, basically you consume extra light olive oil two hours either side of food consumption, holding your nose. Sounds crazy? Sure, but the idea is that since your brain doesn't "know" you have just consumed food, but does notice that you have more available energy in your system, it suppresses appetite. Does it work? I tried it a few years ago, and yes it does work. But being poorly motivated, I didn't really give it a proper go. Now that I'm consuming a lot of olive oil as an energy source (due to being on a low carb diet) it makes sense to try it again. Also I go through periods when I'm really hungry, and those times I get a bit scared that I'll screw up badly.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck (okay, it's not luck, it's all up to you, but you know what I mean) on your weight loss goal!

    My husband gave me a crash course in diodes and electricity in general after your comment on my blog. I dunno, man, he seems to know what he's talking about. He pulled out his multimeter and a box of random light bulbs and wires, and took great pains to explain everything to me regarding the LEDs. Made a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete