Tuesday 10 November 2009

What to do at maintance?

I've been thinking about how I'm going to stay at goal, given that most people who reach goal eventually bounce back to some degree (myself included, of course). Given what I know about motivation, I think the best way to stay at goal is to use the same motivations that I have been using when losing. Going to the cinema, swimming, coffee and haircuts. I've decided that I am allowed to do all of these only when I am below goal. That may change, but I'm hoping it won't. People who are successfully at goal usually have some weight value that when they reach it, it sets off warning bells, so I'm thinking why not just use goal weight? Being a kilogram or two below goal weight isn't a big deal. I need to weigh myself regularly of course, based on my own experience, when I don't weigh myself, I gain, it's a reasonably good correlation. So if I buy coffee at the supermarket, go to see a film, go swimming, or have a haircut, I need to have weighed myself that day and been below 66kg.

On another subject, I've been struggling with caffeine addiction for a long, long time. It makes me tired the day after I have some, it's addictive and it generally isn't worth it. Yesterday I had some Coke and I'm hoping that is the last caffeine I have for a long time. The longest I've been without caffeine is 2 years, that was 10 years ago. Can I do it again? I'm sure I can if I control cravings. Last time, I controlled cravings by eating chocolate. When I say to myself "just one drink can't hurt" it's time to go and buy a small block of chocolate. Previous experience shows that the cravings can last up to 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your comment. i'd like to follow you if you add a follow button. ;-)

    ReplyDelete