Thursday 19 November 2009

List of rewards

As you may know, about 6 weeks ago I went for a walk up the local hill, the walk was a reward (I haven't done that walk in years) but it started to rain, so I didn't get to finish it. I want to have a reward every kilogram lost, which means that I should have a total of 28 rewards. I've lost 5kg so far, and should have had 5 rewards by now, but it just hasn't happened for some reason. Last week I got my first reward, which was a new pair of jeans. They were on special and I just couldn't resist, I'd planned to get them further into the weight loss but given that they were cheaper than usual, I just decided to start with them. Of course, I can't wear them at the moment, I consider them to be goal jeans. I have the same type and size sitting in my wardrobe, which I haven't worn in 4 years! Has it been that long? They were rather tight when I did buy them, just 9kg over goal. I only wore them for about a month then started gaining. Now I have two pairs, the jeans that I'm wearing now probably won't make it to goal, but that's ok, since I'll start wearing the skinny pairs 9kg/4 months before goal.

What else is planned as rewards? Again, I plan to walk up that hill three times (about 18, 9, 1kg above goal). An eye test, new lenses for my glasses and sunglasses (which I haven't worn in about 4 years) so that's three rewards, going to the local pool and having a ride in the hydroslide (which I haven't done in about 10 years) at 1kg above goal. I also want other experiences, go to a meeting of a group that I've always wanted to find out about, going for a ride in a go-kart (at two different weights), a new digital camera (my current one is great but it's too big).

The biggie at goal weight is an overseas trip. I've never been overseas, which at the age of 45 is crazy. So I want to go somewhere where it is hot, close to the equator. Nearby too. I'm thinking maybe Indonesia, Australia, that sort of thing. Frankly, the hotter the better. I have yet to decide where, it'll be based on a number of factors, which I'll talk through here no doubt. To be honest I'm a bit scared of the whole idea of going to an overseas country where I don't speak the language. No doubt I will get used to the idea, and enjoy the whole experience. Although I am living with my partner Becky, I will be going alone. The reason for this is that it is a reward to myself, for the work that I have done. Also, if we were to decide to go together, then rather than on my own, then weight loss would turn from something I did for myself, into an obligation. My fear is that I would not reach goal, thereby wasting all the money that we'd spent on tickets. As it happens Becky doesn't want to go to somewhere hot, so it's not an issue. I'd love to go overseas with her, but this trip will be for myself.

An overseas trip is quite a reward, but it's not making me lose weight. I know because I've had this idea for some time, and guess what? I put on weight. Unless proven otherwise, the whole four day system of weight loss motivation is the only thing making me lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment