Friday 20 November 2009

100 day challenge

Back in September I decided to do a 10 week challenge to lose 9kg. It was unsuccessful, but that was before I was not having flour on a regular basis. Since the removal of flour, things are easier now, because simply, there is far less choice of food to eat, and those foods I do eat are less enjoyable.

I've decided to do two 100 day challenges. The first is to eat 100g of protein each day. I've tried before, and wasn't successful, but I'll just keep trying. If I succeed in eating 10kg of protein consistantly, I'll give myself a holiday in the place I used to go when I was a child.

The other challenge is to see if I can lose 100g a day for 100 days. This is not necessarily hard, but the issue is consistancy, which I am not good on. I'll still have the Monday weigh-ins, but I really want to finish this whole weight loss next year, and I'm starting to slip in terms of the finishing date, which at the moment has moved on to 27th July at the earliest.

How would it work? Simple: today I weigh 88.9kg, I need to lose 100g a day each day. Over that period is both Christmas, New Year and my birthday. What happens if I am over what I should weigh? 1kg or over, I have to start running, 3 hours a week. I've done that before, with no problems. I can also abandon the project but I have to announce it 10 days before stopping. Let's see if I can do it! I'd say that I can do it, the question is will I?

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you luck! Do you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day? About 2.5 liters or so? That really helps me.

    ReplyDelete