Sunday 18 September 2011

New challenge

I'm joining a new challenge that's starting in the next few days, it's called "Give Yourself The Best Gift" and what I like about it is the length - 3 1/2 months, from now until the end of the year. Who knows what weight I'll be then! I may sound a bit skeptical about my weight loss. That's because I have believed that I'll be some weight in the next 3 1/2 months so many times in the last 11 years since being at goal weight.

Anyway, about the challenge. You need to provide a statement, about what you'd like to achieve at the end of the challenge, and mine is:

My gift to myself (New Year's Eve gift) is to know that in the 3 1/2 months, I have done as much as possible to lose weight, survived any emotional or physical challenges that I've come across, and still was able to control my eating/reasonably exercise when those challenges (and they're bound to happen!) came along. That I can look back at this period and be proud of what I've achieved.

Also, we're (challengers) required to make a list of 7 things that we can use to achieve this. My 7 things are:

  • At the start of each day, plan my day with losing weight to be one of the most important things to achieve for that day

  • Write down what I eat if it is not on my 'list', writing that on my blog

  • Exercise as often as time and energy permits

  • Get quality sleep. That means going to bed at the usual time, rather than staying up late

  • Ensure that I have at least one full day of food at home, so I don't run out of anything

  • If/when something that starts to derail things, step back and analyse the situation. Work out what's going on. Find a suitable solution.

  • If I lose my weight loss mojo, instigate Recovering Mojo Plan (I haven't worked out what that entails yet!).

What I want to achieve is somewhere between the minimum and the maximum.

Minimum: lose weight every week while on the challenge, even if that is hardly anything

Maximum: reach the final stage of my weight loss journey: the 1kg a month line to goal I wrote about last post. The point at which I slow down my weight loss to 1kg a month, in preparation for reaching goal weight on 1st July next year. Theoretically possible.

2 comments:

  1. The goals look very reasonable and possible! I hope the challenge can offer a little more encouragement and "mojo". I will look into the Amazon card and see if there is any way to open up the contest to those outside of the US, my main concern was shipping a DVD to another country, as well as the fact that the DVD format might be different outside the US. Since the prize is an Amazon gift card, those issues don't exist any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a suggestion for your Recovering Mojo Plan if you need one. Sit down and write yourself a letter now that you will read out loud to yourself if you feel like trouble is looming. You might even read it to yourself every day. Don't even entertain the thought of failure. You know everything you need to know to lose this weight - we all do so let's go for it!

    ReplyDelete