Monday 26 September 2011

Third week in a row of losing...

Okay, I accept that it's not the greatest achievement (especially with the fact that recently I lost 18 weeks in a row) but I have pleasure in saying that I have managed to steer the weight loss boat around and I'm consistently losing now. Today I'm 82.5kg, having lost 600g in the last week and 900g the week before that. I currently weigh the same as what I did back in March. Yes, the breakup has delayed my reaching goal by about 6 months. That's pretty bad but I accept it as things can get in the way of weight loss. 9 years ago I lost weight while watching two loved ones die of illness, something I still can't believe I did, but when it comes to dating related issues, it's all a bit too much.

How did I go in my challenge? Not that great. I didn't log all my eating, there was some Coke, some coffee and slices, and a few other things. Yesterday I had a chocolate bar. I was at work and debating in my head whether to have some Coke, so instead of going to the drink machine and continuing with that addiction, I went and bought a bar of chocolate. I've found it successful at eliminating caffeine cravings. It's better to have something fattening now rather than suffer again with the caffeine addiction. They were also passing around some small chocolate bites. I had one. However, the woman who sits opposite me declined the offer as the supervisor went around passing them out. She's been losing weight, I can tell because she usually wears something tight fitting. I guess the challenge for me is to decline or give away chocolate bites that are passed around. I've done it before, and I can do it again.

Exercise: I didn't do any. I guess I should have, but I just didn't have it in me. This week, I'm planning on walking a bit. I want to lose at least 700g a week, and that will require me to do some form of exercise.

So all in all, I'm pleased with how this week has turned out. It hasn't been ideal, but in my experience, weight loss never is.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing very well losing three weeks in a row. Keep it up and you won't get derailed by the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your weight loss consistency back. I recently gained for the first time in 27 weeks, and am still working to undo it - currently on my second successive weekly loss, and hoping for many more! I'd completely forgotten to work out how that gain affected my target date, so thanks for reminding me, expect I'm probably a few months "behind schedule" myself now, but better late than never, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weight loss. This week lets both hope for more exercise. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still losing, so you couldn't have done too badly! Caffeine is such a tough addiction to beat because its all around, coffee, tea, sodas... and even chocolate has some! ;)
    I got my addiction down to two cups of my homemade chai every day, and I'm happy with that, not trying to scale it back any more.

    ReplyDelete