Monday 21 November 2011

Weekly update

78.5kg, a loss of 400 grams from last Monday

Well, another week, another loss. I seem to have the diet under control, but the exercise - it just isn't happening. I'm busy at the moment, going to see my father briefly in Dunedin, then back home again. The leaking hot water cylinder is being replaced on Wednesday, I need to do some things on Thursday - then on Friday - guess what?

I plan to restart exercise. Friday. The Give Yourself The Best Gift challenge issues that I stated last week are exactly the same. I'm eating a bit better, but losing weight is not on my consciousness as much as it should be. I'm hoping to change that by some method, starting Friday.

I know that I promised the results of my analysis of how 100 weight loss bloggers I've been tracking since February are going. Sorry, but I'm just too busy at the moment, so that will come next week.

However, here is a bit of a teaser, something to consider. It's a graph of those who have posted their weights, after 6, 7 or 8 months of me tracking them. The vertical axis shows how much that they have lost or gained. If they have gained, their dot is above the horizontal axis. The horizontal axis is their initial weight. All values are in kilograms. A very simple method to convert kilograms to pounds is to just double the number. That is accurate to within 10 percent.

There are 49 people on this graph (known as a scatter graph). 24 people have lost, 24 have gained, and 1 has neither lost nor gained.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting data. Looking forward to the other data when you are able.

    ReplyDelete