Tuesday 30 August 2016

Week 1

It's been 4 months without postings, what's been happening?  I gained weight (no surprises there), roughly at the rate of about one kilogram a month.

Last Friday, 26th August, something clicked and I started weighing myself and losing weight again.  Currently it's day 5.  Day 1 I weighed 24.0kg above goal weight (90kg) and today, day 5 I weigh 23.0kg above goal weight.  I was the heaviest weight I'd been in probably 5-6 years.  It's hard to imagine (and hard to understand why) I was only 4 kilograms from my heaviest weight ever.

I really don't know what's going on inside my head about why I continually gained since my Singapore holiday almost a year ago.  I don't want to psychoanalyse myself, it seems like weight loss motivation is almost random.

I don't like looking backwards as it always makes me feel sad.  Let's look forward.

I want to weigh daily for the next month or so until I get a rhythm going with weight loss.   That means, the most successful weight loss method I have ever used, eating the same thing every day.

18 weeks of continual weight loss is rather uncommon.  That happened to me when I used that, I want it to happen again.

I want to exercise, every day, without fail.  Let's see how many days in a row I can exercise.  Today, I want to run 2 minutes, and walk 3 minutes, for an effective run of 3 minutes in terms of energy used.  One minute run, 3 minutes walk, one minute run.  Tomorrow I want to increase that by 2 minutes, and every day after that, until I reach 30 minutes a day of running equivalent.

I want to post on the blog weekly, ideally on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment