Saturday 3 December 2016

Weekly update #5

Just another update, I seem to be regular with my weekly updates at the moment, I'd really like to be consistent with them until goal weight.

Saturday 6,050KJ excess 10,599

Sunday 5,736KJ excess 10,335

Monday 5,956KJ excess 10,291

Tuesday 5,659KJ excess 9,950

Wednesday
3,652KJ of normal food eaten, and as well I went out to post the wifi modem, my first time outside my home in 20 days, a lifetime record.  After posting the modem, I treated myself to a coffee and slice, something that I hadn't had in 29 days.  So I'm okay with having that, what I noticed was though that the slice was extremely sugary.  I tasted like it was pure sugar.  Given that most slices aren't like that, my taste senses had been dulled by constant sugar intake, and after such a delay, I was now sensitive to any sweetness.  I have had problems with constant sugar consumption, and being unable to go as much as a day away from sugar, so it's nice to experience not having sugar for so long, and knowing that it doesn't affect me adversely.

Thursday
4,176KJ of normal food eaten, in addition I went to the hospital to have my x-ray and get my cast removed.  I was releaved to hear that the x-ray was showing normal progress and it was nice to get rid of the cast.  I still need crutches though, and some movements are painful.  So after 6 weeks, my first (and hopefully last) cast gets removed.  I then head to a mall (by taxi) and have some nice food as a way to celebrate being able to walk again.

Friday
2,752KJ of normal food eaten, I had to go out to something, afterwards I treated myself to another coffee and slice, third day in a row.  Don't worry, this won't be typical.  Then I went to the cinema, I usually go once a week but I really missed going, I hadn't been in at least 6 weeks.  I missed the cinema more than I missed sugar, no doubt about it, and I decided to not see what was showing because I didn't want to know what I was missing.  I was able to drive so that helped a lot.

Saturday
Today isn't finished yet, but I was able to weigh myself.  89.0kg, so I definitely have lost weight in the last roughly two months since I weighed myself.  I will weigh myself daily to get a feel for how fast I am losing weight, at least for the next week.  Then I'll progress over to every second day and then third and see how that goes.

So this week I've eaten treats three times, and under eaten for the other 4 days.  I tend to think of weight loss as watching what I eat, and watching my weight, I can do both now.

The plan is simple - aim for 6,000KJ each day, and weigh myself often.  Of course, I know that problems can occur, usually stress related, and that's what causes over eating.  Stress or depression.

So there you have it, I'm almost back to normality.  Approximately 23Kg to lose, not a large amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment