Monday 18 March 2019

Christchurch...

You may have read far earlier in the blog how here in Christchurch we went through a series of earthquakes, in 2010 and 2011.

Three days ago, eight years after the large earthquake hit Christchurch, causing 185 fatalities, an Australian man who was living in Dunedin (the city I grew up in, 400 km south of Christchurch) travelled to Christchurch, and in an act of terrorism killed 50 people who were in two mosques here in the city.  I just don't know what to say.  It's that feeling where you are in a dream, and you expect to wake up.  I've been living in Christchurch for over 30 years, and no way would I have believed anyone who said that in 2019 such a terrorist attack would occur.

I don't know what to write, apparently the killing was similar to some extent of the terrorist acts done by Anders Behring Breivik who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011.  The most popular New Zealand news website (https://www.stuff.co.nz/) is filled to the brim with stories about what the man has done.  I've been trying to not read too much, it's heartbreaking.

So my father died at the start of December, 3 1/2 months later, this happens.

Anyway, I'll leave it here, I've been trying to lose weight, with not much success.  I gained weight after my father died, I've been dieting but in reality, my weight has just maintaining, which is not a bad thing.  I guess I'll start posting again soon, perhaps twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment