Sunday 10 May 2020

2 kg a month challenge - day 1

I got distracted by the pandemic, so I gained weight relatively quickly and really, I'm fine with that.  This last happened 102 years ago, on the scale of things gaining a few kilograms (or so!) is fine.  Today I feel safe.  A year from now, I may not feel safe.  The virus has such a fast transmission rate (25% increase per day) that it's hard to make decisions.  The NZ government hasn't been perfect, and no one could expect that.  Initially, they refused to disclose testing numbers, and there's been a general shortage of PPE.

I want to lose 2 kilograms a month, and I want to post daily for as long as possible.  How long can I post daily?  Who knows.  I stopped counting kilojoules, and today I start again.  I stopped on the 10th April, which is a shame.  But that's the way it is.  I can't go back.

My weights are:

Friday 93.2 kg
Saturday 93.2
Sunday 93.1

Currently, my trend on my spreadsheet is 50 grams a day, but it's way too early to worry about that.  One thing that I definitely have to do is eat salt every day.  That's because when I haven't been eating salty food for a while, my weight is lower and then I have a salty meal.  Suddenly my weight increases dramatically.  This has a destabilising effect on me and I tend to eat more as a result.  So I need to eat a salty meal every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment