Sunday 11 October 2009

A shock

Today I got a shock because something bad has happened in another persons life that made me see how important my own weight loss is to me. Without divulging private issues both about myself and other people, it's impossible to say what's going on, but basically it was a 'wakeup call' that something similar to me could happen unless I changed the way I was living regarding my weight loss.

Hearing the bad news I immediately decided that I would change the way I ate food. Sure, my 4 day motivational system is a good idea, but there has to be more than that. Today I decided:

To not eat flour except in certain situations. I'm not sure what these situations are, maybe like being invited to dinner somewhere, or someones's birthday, I'm not sure. What I am sure is that I'm not allowed flour when it's packaged as a treat, which I seem to be having 2-3 times a week at the moment. Cutting out flour is the best thing to do, simply because most of the things that are slowing or reversing weight loss are foods that contain flour. I went without it for a month a few years ago, so I know that I can do it. Sure, it'll be boring, but I think back to the days when I was slim, what was my relationship with food? It's so long ago I can't really remember, but it has to be better than this. I know that I can retrain myself about my relationship with food (less celebratory treats when there really isn't that much worth celebrating).

I don't want to end up like someone I know who is having this problem that has changed their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment