Friday 2 October 2009

Change of plan

I know I haven't posted for a while, and there is a reason for that. I took a break. The reason for this was while I was attempting to lose weight, my weight started heading in the wrong direction again. When this happens to me, the only solution I know of is to do the thing I hate the most (well, almost the worst of dieting) - counting kilojoules.

I have never liked it because it is so tedious. One solution is to organise my food the previous day and work out what I should eat. I don't like this either, it makes me feel like my life is too organised and structured. I'm not sure which one to do.

Anyway, that's the plan for now. 6000kj is the goal, I know I've done this in the past, but that was at a much lower weight, so I don't know if it's suitable now. My body will tell me in the first day or so I guess.

The whole motivation system is going well except I've decided to change one motivation - going to see a film, I am allowed to go to one film every 3 months, even if I haven't lost the weight. The reason for this is that I really wanted to see Fame, and I did, and it broke my original rule because I was over what I'd been last time I saw a film (I love you Beth Cooper). Rather than break rules now and then which will eventually cause me to stop using the whole motivation system, I decided to modify the rules. So every 3 months (Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec) I am allowed to see a film, even if I'm above the last film. Just one film though. I am allowed to save up these allowances and use them later on.

I decided to stop posting what I've eaten and bought as it doesn't give me enough privacy, I feel that people might be judging me and that usually doesn't have a good effect on me.

I'm going to try 10 days at counting kilojoules and see how I manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment