Sunday 27 March 2011

6 months to goal

Last month, I predicted that at the current rate of losing weight, I would reach goal weight in 3 years. Things have changed, my eating style has changed, and right now, I'm 6 months away (25th September) from reaching goal, based on my loss in the previous month. I'm pretty pleased with that, I'm thinking maybe I'll reach goal weight by the second anniversary of starting this blog, and starting to lose weight, after being at my highest.

My body is changing. I'm starting to feel my hip bones again. Although that is nice, I'd like to see the fat around my stomach get smaller. Also I have these annoying clumps of fat on either side of my chest. They 'hang down' when I'm in bed, and get pulled down by my arm, which is uncomfortable. Sometimes I have to pull them back to their normal position. I don't recall having them in the past when I was this weight.

I'm getting used to my body, I've been this weight for 5 years, on and off. My weight records go back nearly 20 years so I know pretty much exactly how much I weighed for any date since 1993. The Piha holiday challenge is going great, which means no increases until the first of July. How am I doing this? Something a bit different. I've been burnt before, so I'll give it a bit more time before I tell everyone. Some people won't like it, but hey, if I'm losing weight, and I'm ok with it, then they should accept that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are doing awesome. I would not worry about what people think. If it works for you, then it works!! I was told when I was a young girl, that once you are fat, you will always be fat. LIE!!! Unfortunately I bought into that lie for years. I don't believe it anymore. I found a plan that works for me - ever so slowly - but it works!! I am losing and feeling great!!!

    Keep up the great work and stay focused!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job. Keep making healhty choices.

    ReplyDelete