Monday 3 October 2011

Second week of the challenge

82.0kg, a loss of 500g in the last week. That's slightly less than I'd have wanted, and even more so since I'm on the Great Experiment where I get to see if I can lose weight at the rate obtained on the TV programme Thintervention. The way I'm doing things is I've got a specific weight that I should be each day. Today I'm 175 grams heavier than what I should be - that's fine. I have to be eternally careful though, because at least initially the rates that I need to lose are quite high. If I get behind a lot, I simply won't be able to catch up. Of course I've started thinking, hmmm, maybe I'll be able to stay on this experiment the whole duration and reach goal on 1st February next year? I hate it when I do this. I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

However, if I do manage to reach goal on the 1st Feb, I'm giving myself a holiday at Piha. My family used to have summer holidays there until I was about 10. 4 months of exercise and careful eating is going to be hard work. I'll try it, and I guess I'll just see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, a 500g loss is nothing to sneeze at. That's over a pound, and a good amount of weight to lose in a week. Don't pay too much attention to the weights you have to be at each day. Water alone can mess with your daily measurement. Look instead for overall progress. A week to week basis is pretty good. Keep it up!

    PS. Thanks for linking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Greg converted the 500g loss for me. I agree that is a good loss. It's not like you have a huge amount of weight to lose and it gets slower as you get closer to your goal.

    Sodium will also skew your daily results at times. I do understand weighing daily though because I weigh at least five times each week. I skipped Saturday and today and tomorrow morning I'll be weighing first thing. It's hard to do but try to take one day at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done almost exactly the same recently. I was weighing every day, and had a weight I was meant to hit every day. That old system would have taken me to my target weight on Thursday of this week. But of course, my weekly target, which was so easy at the start, is now almost impossible, and I've still got almost 30lbs to go, so I now have to look at my new rate of loss, and come up with a new daily target etc etc. Its a slog, but its gotta be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you seem to be doing okay as far your attitude, just don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, by the way, sorry I took so long to come along and make a comment. I just didn't around to it this week, like I SHOULD have.

    ReplyDelete