Monday 27 February 2012

Commitment week 2

77.5kg, lowest weight in 7 months, 9 days

Last week went well, I went for some walks, and ran a bit as well. I'm still not what I would call fit, I can only run for 10 minutes at a time, but I can do multiple runs a day if I have the opportunity. Eating has been near perfect. I only had one splurge and that involved using up my birthday ice cream. That's all gone now, ice cream is my favourite junk food, I'm not sure when to buy it next. I could go without it like I'm doing for pizza (I haven't had pizza since late August 2009) or I could treat myself to a container say 5kg above goal. I'll think about it.

I have decided to go low carb again. I thought that since I could theoretically reach goal in less than 3 months (reality says otherwise - but anyway...) I can do without fruit for 3 months. It really is easier that way, but the trade off is that I never feel full and food is boring. We'll see. That explains my large drop in weight this week, when you go low carb your body loses a lot of water in your muscles. Of course when you go back to normal eating, the water weight comes back on.

I'm travelling to Dunedin again today, I tend to eat poorly on trips and also when I'm there, hopefully going low carb will help with that. I will post a food dairy from the trip (shudder!).

I should ask myself the same question each week: have I made a commitment to weight loss this week? Definitely.

I'm the lowest weight in about seven months. Only a few kilograms more and it's back to lowest weight in over seven years.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your low carb plan. I'm eating fairly low carb now without any wheat in my day. I've only been on it for five days. I do eat a couple of servings of fruit a day and lots of vegetables too. You're doing good with the exercise too. Yea! :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wandered over to your blog from Scale Junkie's. Your eating and workouts sound hardcore!! :D

    ReplyDelete