Friday 20 July 2012

Three quarters to goal

I've reached three quarters of the way through my journey!  Just under 7 of the original 28 kilograms to go.  This is another milestone (I've had a few along the way) that I'm really pleased to have reached.  I've also noticed that my attitude to weight loss has changed in the last week.  I'm getting excited.  It also means that I'm trying to speed things up by eating better.  There are a few exceptions to that - each kilogram I lose I get a reward meal, but back in October I won a block of chocolate at work.  I wrote on it "lowest weight in 9 years" and it's been waiting since then.  Actually a workmate offered to take the original block and give me an IOU because it may have gone off in the meantime.  There is another reward at lowest weight in 10 years, an Easter egg that's been quietly waiting at work.  "When are you going to eat it?" I've been asked a few times.


Below shows the graph of the last 9 and a bit years.


Looking at this graph sometimes makes me cringe.  It's all over the place, the longest stretch of flatness is in 2004 and was because I lost some weight data I'd had in another spreadsheet that got deleted accidentally.

As a reward for reaching three quarters I'll be going up the hill again for a walk.  It's roughly a 5 hour trip.  I'll probably do that on Tuesday if the weather is good.  I'm not sure when I'll reach goal weight. I'm hoping before the 3 year anniversary of my weight loss and starting this blog on the 3rd of September.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are will power personified. I can't hold on to candy and not eat it. Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! Congrats and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive congrats on reaching this milestone. I think the graph is really interesting too, as since about 2009, even though you've had your ups and downs, the general trend has always been down. That's really good to see, and reassuring for those of us who might be on an upward spike at the moment. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Headspace is right! an inspiration! Congrats on making it this far.

    ReplyDelete