Wednesday 15 August 2012

Weekly update

70.2kg, a loss of 0.8kg in the last week.

This past week has gone really well.  I've managed to exercise every day, and my eating has been good as well.  I have decided to have reward meals every half kilogram as I head towards goal.  That sounds extravagant but in my experience if you have some type of reward meal, you don't end up eating the same amount of food as you normally would, you eat less after the reward meal.  Once I hit 69.9kg, I'm allowed to open the box that contains my new smartphone that I bought back in March.  Has it been that long?

In other news I'm working out when I will reach goal weight, and what I'll do on Goal Day.  I want to try go karting, plus a few other things.  I'm not sure if I've ever done it, I vaguely recall something happening in the past, but if I did do it, it was 20+ years ago.  There are a few other things I'll do on the day, so I have to plan it so I'm not working that day.  Should be easy enough.

Once I reach goal weight, I'll book tickets for my year overseas.  A long time ago I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't go overseas until I was at goal weight.  Well, that moment is about to arrive.  I'm so nervous!  I've never been out of the country.  Whenever I think about it, I get butterflies in my stomach.  I'll cope, I guess.  Also I told my brother years ago to just give me an IOU for one of my birthday presents, and buy me a passport when I asked for the money.

That's it for me, will check in when I'm in the 60's.

5 comments:

  1. I love your "goals" I work well with rewards and goals too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! You'll be on that vacation before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to see the finish line in sight? Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some fabulous rewards there! I remember go-karting with friends years ago when I was only a little overweight and I was wedged so tightly into the kart that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back out :-( I think I'll add it to my goal-weight rewards too. And good luck planning your trip - there's really nothing like overseas travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip is a fantastic reward for reaching goal weight. It's so important to have something big to look forward to--that's NOT food!!!

    ReplyDelete