Wednesday 1 August 2012

August goals

There's something about a new month which means - a chance to start over.  So how am I going?  Not great.  I've sort of stalled in my weight loss.  I haven't back slided - which is a good thing.  Currently I'm just under 72kg.  However I have suffered that annoying high carb glycogen weight gain which takes about 4 days to get rid of.  So I really don't know what my low carb weight is, it'll be 4 days until I know.  It's time to start making some monthly goals.  These goals will be checked at the end of the month to see how I did.  Let's start with the easy ones:

Eating:

  • Low carb for almost all of the month.  By "almost all" I'll give say 27 days.  That means one day a week maximum that I can go high carb, although I'd really prefer to not have any days.  Sadly, today the 1st is a high carb day which means that the maximum number of days would be 30.

  • Reward meals when they happen.  I have reward meals for losing each kilogram, and a few other things.  That means once a month when I pay my bills I have a reward meal as an example.  I can't have a reward meal in advance, because there is too much risk that I'll end up having it twice.  No reward meals in advance.

  • The return of the eating green/red squares.  This was something that I have used on the blog, it's quite easy to see how I'm eating.  I last used it here on April 2011.  That was a while ago!  It's just a green square when I've eaten properly and a red square when I haven't.

Now, the harder ones, exercise:

  • Become fit.  That means, to me to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping.  I achieved this back in 2004 and I'm hoping that it won't take me more than a month to achieve, like it did last time.

  • I exercise every day, except the first of August.  It's almost midnight now and I'm not in the mood to go for a run.  But starting tomorrow, yes, it's going to happen.  Even if it's for a minute, it's going to count.


So there you have it.  5 goals.  These aren't hard goals, I know that I can do them, it just takes a bit of perseverance to do it as required.  

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals this month. I totally agree when you say a new month means a new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your goals. You can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal for this month is to continue eating low carb, low sugar, low fat and exercise everyday! Good luck with your goals:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals - I know you can do this! I like the idea of red/green squares. Very, very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are definitely do-able goals - good luck! I have reward meals too - it gives me something to live for haha.

    www.TransformationForMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your August goals and also with reaching your lowest in 10 yrs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, new month new start. I have a miserable diet this past few weeks, so it's time to back on track. I want to lose at least 10kg by Christmas. Good luck with your goals.

    http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete