Friday 3 July 2015

Weekly weigh-in #5

80.0kg

I gained about 500g this Thursday, I'm not entirely sure why.  Maybe it was carbohydrate water gain.  Who knows.  I probably lost a bit of fat this week, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I have started exercising.  Wednesday, I walked one hour, Thursday I walked for 52 minutes and joined the gym.  It's the third time I've joined a gym.  While I was signing up, one phrase kept going on and on in my mind:

"I have failed"

I reached goal weight almost 3 years ago, and then gained about 18 kilograms.  I have about 13-14 kilograms left to lose.  That's failure.

I gained.  I probably promised myself to never join a gym for weight loss ever again, and guess what?  I'm doing that one more time.  It's not the money, it's the fact that I'm losing the same kilogram over and over again.

Anyway, I'm going to post my exercise and what I'm eating from today onwards.

So far today I've had a tin of sardines and opened a 1 kilogram bag of frozen veges.

1 comment:

  1. Adding in exercise will cause temporary weight gain- heck I've 'gained' three pounds after doing a 2 mile walk (seriously, I did a before/after weigh-in lol). If you've been tracking your food and have been staying within your calorie allotment, then you didn't actually gain fat. Give it a day or two and re-check your weight, and you'll probably see the bounce disappear :)

    Other things that cause scale bounces, not related to actual fat gain
    -weighing after a shower (another really whacky thing that cause the scale to go up sometimes!)
    -batteries going weak on your scale (because your cat's been sleeping on it ugh...)
    -sodium intake
    -hormones (more so for women)
    -digestion-it takes a while for your food to actually digest
    -drinking fluids before you weigh in
    -potty issues :P

    You have to eat 3,500 calories over your MAINTENANCE Calorie number, in order to actually gain a pound of fat. Something to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete