Friday 17 July 2015

Weekly weigh-in #7

77.5kg, 11.5kg to goal weight.

A loss of 1.2 kilograms from last week.  That's quite a lot, I'm not sure if it's all fat loss but I'll pretend it is.

Diet: I'm eating half a kilogram of veges a day, rather than the previous kilogram.  The reason is that I'm not sure if I'm in ketosis and if halving the veges does, that, I'm all for it.  I made the mistake of buying a block of chocolate on Tuesday with the plan to break it up into 40 little pieces and eat them over the next 40 days.  Of course, you can imagine what happened.  So I gained weight on Thursday.  I'm okay with learning that I have zero self control when it comes to food (well, I kind of knew that anyway) and I won't be buying a block of chocolate with hopes and dreams that will never happen.

Thursday I almost certainly lost fat, although I had a Subway filled roll and the subsequent carb gain will be hard to see when I weigh-in today.

Exercise: at the gym, I'm just using the elliptical.  I know that it's not the best use of my money that I pay there, but it's such a great machine.  If I run, I'm going to get tired quite quickly, but if I use the elliptical that's not going to happen, and the amount of energy that I'm going to expend on it is going to be pretty much the highest optimal amount I can get (assuming the difficulty rating is not set too low or high).  Currently I'm using about 2,800 kJ per session although I do wonder about how accurate that number is, even if I set my age and weight on the machine.  Currently I'm doing 80 minutes per session (with difficulty set at position #14).  Up to 10 sessions a week, that's a lot of energy (ie fat) lost at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment