Sunday 16 September 2018

Weekly weigh-in number 9

88.5 kg, a loss of 1.0 kilograms from last week.  So I'm going well, eating below maintenance for the last week.  I'm back in my 86.5-88.5 kg range which I've been for the last 6-7 months.  I've given myself a new challenge - to eat below maintenance each day until December 7th, the day I fly off to see the Philippine lady.

So what number is maintenance?  I really don't know, but I'm finding out.  Since the 3rd September I've been recording my intake and daily weight, which is the perfect recipe for finding out how much energy my body is consuming every day.  Of course it has a degree of error, but I'm fine with that, it's not likely to be more than 10% off the true value.

I'm using a spreadsheet, and I've got two numbers.  The first is the average of a daily (previous day intake less gain the next day) which is 10,093 kJ.  The other is achieved by graphing daily intake vs next day gain, and using a linear trend line to see where the trend passes through the y=0 line.  That number is 9,290 kJ.  I don't know why the two numbers are so wide apart, the question is which is a better method?  Who knows right now.  I'm hoping that the two numbers will move together after a while.  I was hoping that it would be definite by 12 days, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Apart from that, everything is going alright.  I'm losing.  Catch you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment