Wednesday 5 September 2018

Weekly weigh-in number 7

89.0 kilograms, a gain of 1.1 kilograms since last posting.  My weight is kind of variable right now, it's going up and down probably because of variations of salt intake each day.  That doesn't bother me, it'll even out over a few days or so.  My weight is slowly inching upwards, and that's because I am trying to wean myself from going to cafes as referred to in my last post.  That's not a big worry, I just need to keep it in check.  I've decided to not go cold turkey regarding sugar, rather slowly phase it out over weeks or months.  So I'll be having sugar every day for a while yet.

About a week ago I did something I'd been delaying for about a year.  I have 180 days of kilojoules consumed data, and I have some weight records at the start and end, and I decided to see how the two related.  I did the calculation (lost weight x 30,500 kilojoules per kilogram) and then used the average daily intake to calculate my estimated metabolism, how many kilojoules I was meant to consume every day. 

I don't know why I did it then, I guess I was worried that the number was worryingly low meaning my metabolism had gone to crap because of all of the dieting I had done over the years and so avoided the calculation much earlier.

Thankfully the number was normal, or at least it seemed to be normal to me.  So I've decided to measure it again, and see what number I get.  I'll keep you informed.

I'm also unsure what amount of food to eat each day.  I've decided to have a system: my average daily intake has to reduce from a reasonably high number.  How quickly or slowly it reduces will be up to me, it just has to reduce.  Let's see how that system goes.  I'll give you an update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment