Wednesday 29 August 2018

Weekly weigh-in number 6

87.9 kilograms, a loss of 100 grams from my last post.

Not much change, right?  I'm still hovering between 86.5 and 88.5 kg.  Still having the occasional 'blowout', mainly due to that dreaded white stuff, sugar.  However, I'm really trying my best to go off of sugar.  Currently I'm about 47 hours without it.  That's not a lot, but it's better than nothing.  I'm kind of dreading my cravings, however.  About 5 1/2 years ago, I stopped having caffeine.  I have to say that I'm quite proud of my achievement.  Anyway, I haven't counted how many times I've craved a Coca Cola, but it'd be in the hundreds or thousands. 

I hate to think how many times I'll crave sugar.  I just don't want to know.  Sugar is less 'addictive' than caffeine.  But I really love going to a cafe, having a coffee and slice, reading the newspaper and enjoying the whole process.  My brain has become acclimatised to the whole experience and pumps out those endorphins when I do it.  I'll miss it.

Anyway, enough rambling.  Let's talk about food intake.  I'm counting kilojoules, and have a 10 day total, the last one was 7,120 kJ per day.  Ideally, I should be losing weight on that.  But I do know that some food values will be wrong, some weights will be wrong, and other unknowns to worry or think about.  But let's assume that I'll be losing on that.

 My weight is a function of about half a dozen variables.  Water seems to be a major item on this list, you can expect major variations depending on how much salt I eat.  I've seen this effect numerous times.  However, no matter how much salt I eat, eventually I'll start losing weight if my intake is less than maintenance.  I just don't know how quickly it'll happen. 

So really, it's just a waiting game.  See how quickly or slowly I'll lose weight.  Slowly reduce how many kilojoules I eat, and see if that makes a difference.

I've also decided to not go low carb.  It's great, low carb, mainly because you don't feel hungry (or I didn't).  But I don't want to go below 6,000 kJ per day, it's my hard limit.  I have just decided that I love fruit more than I love not being hungry.  Really, if I could only eat fruit, I might just do that.

Bit of a long post today, if you got this far, congratulations.  See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment