Tuesday 16 February 2010

Back in the game

I seem to have shrugged off any issues with not being able to lose weight that I had, and now I'm counting kilojoules and staying between 5500 and 6000. Hunger is just noticeable but not having sweet things (the no sugar pledge is going well) is something that I miss quite a bit, but I wanted to see if I was addicted to sugar (it looks like I'm not).

On Monday I weighed in at 87.7kg, again more than I'd previously, so again one more shirt to be thrown out. I'm running out of shirts, but I don't see that as a particularly big problem.

I've been talking endlessly about how I am supposed to be able to lose 100g a day, but I have yet to actually prove it. So today I start, my new system is that I've got to lose 100g a day before I can see a film/buy coffee/go swimming. I've got both my own birthday on Saturday and Becky's 8 days later to deal with, I'm hoping that they will not be an issue for me.

So what happens if it's becoming obvious I can't do it? I'll drop it down to 95 grams a day loss, something that would delay reaching goal by about 2 weeks, nothing to worry about.

This whole thing has been a bit disappointing, the struggle that I've been through, I guess the answer is keep away from sugar, count kilojoules, and make sure that I go for a swim/see a film at least once a week.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Sorting out the small details always seems to be helpful. You'll hit upon the right combination that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so hard - this weight loss roller coaster can be a wild ride - that is what I love about blogging, we can all encourage each other

    ReplyDelete