Friday 5 February 2010

Struggling (just a bit)

I seem to be a bit stuck in terms of losing weight, excepting the fact that I went from low carb to high carb (with a subsequent gain of about 1kg in a few days), I haven't really lost weight recently. Eating, or rather the excess of eating is the problem. From today I'm trying to properly get into the whole 6,000kJ each day. I'll have to seriously go without sugar, but I've done that before, a whole month in fact, so I know I can do it if I really want to.

I weighed myself today, now I'm doing a 40 day test to see if I can manage 100g a day loss. If I can, I'll aim for that rate until 71kg. If I can't, no problem, I'll start again and see if I can manage 90g a day. I've got both mine and Becky's birthdays in that 40 day period, hopefully it won't make much difference. Usually Christmas results in a gain (except last Christmas, I was extra good), but birthdays don't have the same effect.

It's a new month which means that I have now got, with my blog project a list of people who have lost weight for three successive months. Oh how I wish I'd done this a long time ago. One woman has lost an amazing 18 percent body weight! These are the people who I need for inspiration. When my list is whittled down to 10 (which will happen in two months I think) I'll hold it at that, and see how they all go. I'd say at least half will reach goal. Of course, from the original 270 blogs that I started off with, hopefully many others will reach goal eventually. More good news: I have proved that weight loss is not random! If you lose one month, the next month you are more than randomly likely to lose as well.

Yesterday I went to see The Lovely Bones. It was an ok film, nothing special. As you may know, I'm allowed to see one film every three months, even if I haven't reached a new minimum. I'll probably be allowed to see another film in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment