Monday 19 March 2012

Less than 10 kilograms to goal

75.7kg, lowest weight in 8 months 11 days

I've got less than ten kilograms to lose. Single figures. That's a milestone, no more thinking in double digits about how much I have to lose. Yes, I was at this point back in June last year (and posted about it too...) but sometimes life events come along and you gain weight. Back then I went to the cinema and got a large popcorn, and I'm doing it again. Imagine me, buying popcorn at the cinema twice in one year! Crazy. I'm not sure which film I'm going to see, I usually see one film a week (sometimes it's twice, as during the summer break there are more children's films, and when the children go back to school there is a surplus of films that I actually want to see). It feels good to be back here, although I'm still only lowest weight in just over eight months, when I go past my breakup gain, I'll feel a lot better about things.

My body still has a lot of fat in it. Stomach, chest (probably a size A cup) and thighs. When I drive over a judder bar on my private lane where I live I still feel my chest moves up and down. I keep detailed weight records and I've been heavier for a whopping 10 years in total (11 different periods, starting in 1993).

Now that I'm in single figures, I'm thinking about my overseas trip. I'm starting to stress out a bit, my first overseas trip and I'll be gone for a year. I was thinking of going to Australia briefly to break-in my passport and experience life in another country (NZ and Aus. aren't that different really) but there aren't any concerts that I want to see in the next 6 months. I'll check out aquariums and science museums there and see if there is a good enough excuse to have a week long trip there.

Oh, how is my commitment to weight loss going? Eating: good. Exercise non-existent. I really need to get into the exercise, at least with walking.

4 comments:

  1. I am here, cheering you on that walk!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with getting enough exercise in too. I read that if I don't exercise, I'll lose muscle. I don't have a lot of muscle anyway so that's scary. Good luck with continuing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this link on Pinterest and thought it might encourage you! It's: The Perks of Walking {It doesn't matter how fast you go, as long as you go!!}

    http://dailyinfographic.com/the-perks-of-walking-infographic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking is a great, easy exercise to ease into it - especially if you don't enjoy it too much. You are almost to your goal weight - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete