Friday 23 March 2012

New challenge - Ready for Summer


I have decided to join up to this challenge. Okay, I'm in the southern hemisphere so really it should be called Ready for Winter, but hey, I'll take it anyway. The last challenge went well, and I'm hoping that this one will too. We have to set goals. Here are my goals:

Weight loss: get to goal weight. This is theoretically possible in a 10 week challenge. I'll leave it at that.

NSV: wear my Auckland pants. When I lived in Auckland I'd just finished polytechnic and was about to go to job interviews. I bought those pants (I still remember talking to the salesman, for some reason) at the age of 23 (25 years ago). They should fit at goal. Maybe. At least I hope to be able to zip them up. Fingers crossed.

Exercise: Play my Xbox 360 fitness game with my Kinect. I bought it about 4 months ago and have yet to use it. I want to use it every day, for at least 15 minutes. Not only theoretically possible, actually probable given enough time and effort.

Nutrition: Use my green/red squares to represent perfect/imperfect eating here on the blog. Aim for at least 90 percent green squares. Be in ketosis every day of the challenge. The challenge starts on Monday (NZ time) so I hope to be there by then, if at all possible.

Oh, one other goal. Try to enjoy losing weight! I know that this is a bit of an unusual goal, but really I haven't enjoyed my weight loss journey so far. In terms of a journey, it's like a car ride where the radio has a lot of static, there is a seat spring sticking into your back, and something in the dashboard is rattling. Sure, I've enjoyed arriving at 2/3 towards my destination, but am I enjoying the weight loss? No. I think it's depleting my mental energy stores. I'll have to work on that.

19 comments:

  1. Losing weight should be fun. Otherwise, you will get less motivated to achieve your goal. Good luck!

    Best,
    Honeybee
    http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your goals are great, but the last one is the best. If you can enjoy the process as you go along, you may find it easier to maintain this great loss - because you are changing your life and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both need to do more exercise, so here's to us actually getting in the exercise -- no excuses. Good luck with the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome to join us! :) I especially love your last goal, that is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinect will be a FUN way to move!!!!! I can't wait to keep up with your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you will be skinny again! Good luck! I'll be joining you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last goal... I don't think I realized it until I just read you goal, that I actually am having fun loosing weight. It is all about this blog thing and reading and connecting with others. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try and do the same, enjoy the process. Also, please share how your Kinect routine is going! I'm curious & tempted about it.
    Welcome to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do this and it definitely does help to be happy during the journey... who wants to do stuff that doesn't make them happy right?? We're in it to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get using my Wii for exercise. Here is to getting in the workouts we aim to do. Good luck reaching your goals during the challenge. I will be doing it along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your goal to ENJOY losing weight. That's the 1st time I've ever heard someone say that, and I never had reason to consider how much I agree with that. But I do!

    Good luck with week 1!! Can't wait to see all our updates next weekend.

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the *enjoy* the journey goal. that is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You still have pants from 25 years ago? Wow. Way to hang on to things. Good luck getting into them! I know you can do it.

    I also really like the goal to enjoy your weight loss. It can be hard to do, that is for sure.

    Once again. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great goals. I can't wait to get updates about those pants fitting. Good luck with week 1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. enjoy the journey, thats what life is about :)

    right now is the perfect time!!!

    It's so funny I love my food a million times more now than when I was heavy!! weird huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should definately enjoy your weight loss journey. If you aren't enjoying it then maybe it is time to mix it up and try something different? If I hadn't enjoyed my journey I wouldn't be where I am today x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm laughing out loud about your comparison of weight loss to a car ride. :)

    Good luck on the challenge!

    Shannon
    http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the goal of enjoying the weight loss process. I'm often enthusiastic about working out, but as things get busy it becomes more of a routine/chore than something I really enjoy ... something to keep in mind for sure!

    Good luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the goals! Good luck with the challenge... we can do this!

    ReplyDelete