Tuesday 30 June 2020

3 kg a month challenge - on pause

Today I weighed 95.5 kg for the third day in a row.  Why?  Probably because I had Subway, and that is riddled with salt.  Pretty much every food item in a Subway filled roll contains salt, with the exception of vegetables.  But it's disheartening to see the scale not shift, and not know exactly the reason.  Especially at the start.  So I've decided to put the whole 3 kg a month thing on pause, until I see what's going on. 

My new plan is to just keep my intake at 6,000 kJ (yesterday I ate 6,012) and exercise ideally at 30 minutes a day.  However, I currently am not fit at all, so I want to do a gradual increase of exercise over the next 10 days.  So that's an increase of 3 minutes per day.  I may break up the sessions into two per day if I'm struggling with one session. 

Once I reach 30 minutes of running a day, I'll start calculating my metabolism.  That's how many kilojoules my body uses every day.  That's going to take 2-3 weeks. 

What I need to find out is whether I can lose 100 grams a day while eating 6,000 kJ and running 30 minutes a day.  I don't know whether that's possible or not.  If I can't, I'll see whether I can lose 80 grams a day, for a long long time. 

My new challenge is to eat at or less than 6,000 kJ.  What I've been doing is eating slightly more than 6,000, but that has to stop.  Less than, or equal to 6,000 from now on.  My exercise has to start today at 3 minutes of running, and increasing by 3 per day.  I'll post tomorrow on how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment