Wednesday 3 March 2010

The plan...

Well, Becky's birthday has come and gone, and now I'm about to start exercising. Here's the plan: start off slowly, and increase the amount of running I do daily until I start to experience increasing fatigue when I'm not running. At some point I'll say "that's enough" and drop it down a bit, then stay at that level.

I intend to calculate my metabolic rate, just in case there are any issues that come along. I'm not sure that there will be, but you never know! I'm old enough to know that life doesn't always go to plan.

I'll be counting kilojoules and keeping a record of how much running I'm doing, and from that work out how much energy my body would be using when I'm not exercising. Probably I'll also take a week out once every two months and not exercise, but still count kilojoules, and track my weight. That way I can see if my metabolism is being screwed or manipulated too much by the exercise/controlled food intake.

As far as Monday's weigh in went, I was 89.5kg on Monday, which means I forfeit yet another shirt. Tuesday I dropped to 89.2kg, and today I dropped again to 88.9kg. All this is of course just food emptying from my body, since I don't expect to be losing fat at the moment.

As you know, the heart of this weight loss method is motivation, and I plan on continuing the method of motivation I've done before. Next time I'll post, I'll have a graph showing my weights and a line I can't go above. If I weigh in more than the line, I won't be able to do the whole (coffee, film, swim) thing. The line starts off at 89.5kg (Monday's weigh in) and drops by 20g a day (small due to my not starting exercise yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment