Monday 14 September 2009

Incredible weight loss

A few days ago I loaded up my blog reader with lots of weight loss blogs, for something to give me inspiration to lose weight. Then last night I noticed that Lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks had posted something new. I hadn't really read Sunshine Momma's blog before, I just grabbed some blogs off someone's blogroll with the intention of reading them later. By coincidence, when I read her blog I realised that she only had one day to go in her 10 week test. How much weight did she need to lose? One pound. Today the first thing when I got up was to check her blog. Did she make it? Yes. Congratulations!

I'll let you into a little secret. No one in the weight loss blog sphere seems to have noticed it, but after tracking lots of weight loss blogs over the years (and by tracking, I mean recording dates and weights) guess what the average weight loss for a person with a weight loss blog is? Pretty much zero.

When I say pretty much zero, I mean that sometimes it's positive, sometimes it's negative, but in general it's governed by the people who actually lose weight consistantly, but they are so rare they are hard to find.

Inspired by Sunshine Momma's great performance, I'm challenging myself to lose weight at the rate that she has done. Normally, I'd shy away from these sort of "you should lose at xyz rate" things because I've tried them in the past and they generally are unsuccessful. However, I'm going to try one more time and I'm hoping that Sunshine Momma's success will keep me inspired.

Starting tomorrow, I'll aim for the same rate.

The rules that I've chosen are:

Eat as much protein as I can afford
No treats, except one each 500g lost
Try and not eat too much fruit
500g frozen veges each day

As well I'll be trying to:

Post daily
Graph daily
Post everything I'm eating (but not the amount I have eaten)
How I'm feeling about it

If I get 1kg behind, then I will drop the goal loss of 130g/day to 100g a day, sometihng that I know that I can do for a reasonable amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment