Tuesday 15 September 2009

Week 1 day 1

After deciding to lose 130g a day for 70 days, it occurred to me that maybe I was making a mistake, and it wasn't such a good idea. The reason was I seem to have problems with expected rate of loss goals, they always seem to fail. If I dropped the rate to 100g, which is something I know I can achieve, it would be easier. It would also extend the weight loss period only by 3 weeks, hardly anything given how long I've been overweight. However, I'll just try it and see what happens. The problem with such a system is that life becomes boring, and I don't handle stress as well when I'm on a diet.

Today I didn't bother weighing myself, because I'm going low carb and I know that my weight will drop a lot over the next day or so. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and just imagine that todays weight is 200g above that.

As for food, I'm aiming for lots of protein. The problem is that it's expensive. I guess when I reach goal weight, I can cut back and see if I can spend less money on food, to see if the net cost of being on a diet is no more than what I normally budget for.

1 comment:

  1. Me, hi it's me:), sunshine mama. Just got caught up on your blog. I'm going to have to learn how to transfer my numbers into the metric system to be able to follow your numbers.
    Thank for the congrats and I'm glad I can inspire you. As an encouragement to you, this rate of success was also possible even when I would just have babies and have over 40 pounds to drop and had went from being sedentary to starting an exercise program.

    As for your question, I've set another goal and will continue blogging.

    ReplyDelete