Saturday 9 January 2010

Rewards and things

As you probably know, I have a reward for each kilogram lost. Because I have 28 kilograms to lose, that means 28 rewards, quite a lot to decide on. I think that's why I haven't had the seven so far, simply because I can't decide what to get. Anyway, in the last few days I have got two rewards, I've only had one reward before (a new pair of jeans to be worn at goal), early in the week I bought a new watch. My old watch had a battery that was about to die, so when I saw the new watch, I decided to buy it, it's not a 'proper' reward, in the sense that I would have bought a new watch eventually, but because I have a few rewards to use, I decided to buy it now. As you can see, it's just an average digital watch, but it's totally white, which is something I'm not used to having. Just a bit of a change, really.



A few months ago, I attempted to walk up the hill overlooking my city, quite a high hill, something I haven't done before. Half way up, it started raining, so I abandoned the walk and left it for a bit. Well, I did it to completion on Thursday. It took longer than expected, 4 1/2 hours, and because I started late in the day (about 6pm) by the time I was nearly finished, it was getting pretty dark. However, I'm really pleased to say that I've achieved it! Whenever I see that hill now (which is almost daily) I can say to myself that I have walked up it. I've done bits over the years, I went for walks about 20 years ago with my former partner, who died about 7 years ago. Some of it I remembered, some I didn't. It was well worth it, although my legs are pretty sore, and probably will be for a few days. I want to do this again, 10kg lighter, and again just before goal. I'm hoping that I won't be so sore then. I really want to have more experiences as rewards, the sort of thing I say to myself "one day I will do that".







As for the losing weight thing - things aren't as good. I haven't weighed myself since Monday, which is not a good sign. However, I am doing low carb for 3 days before the next weigh in on Monday. By then my weight would have stabilised. That's the problem with low carb, your weight fluctuates so much when you eat/don't eat carbs. I went to see Bandslam on Tuesday, but because I hadn't weighed myself then, I'll take the option of every 3 months, I'm allowed to go and see a film even if I haven't lost weight. I also went swimming on Tuesday, I haven't gone in at least a month, so no problems there in terms of my motivation system. I've run out of coffee, and will get some on Monday. I'm thinking of swimming on a Monday, Tuesday will be when I usually see a film, and Thursday I'll usually get coffee. As I've said in a recent post, I can't be further away from green line in a previous graph, before I can have a swim/see a film/buy coffee. The green line drops by 100g a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment