Tuesday 19 January 2010

Weigh in

I weighed in yesterday at 87.3kg, which of course is up from the previous Monday, due to my changing to high carb from low carb. That's expected, so my whole motivation system is stalled while I readjust everything. If I go back to low carb (I may do so in March) I'll just add an amount to my low carb weight, to stop having similar problems when I go back to high carb.

What differences did I notice from the change? Not much, feeling bloated due to all the volume, it was nice to have a full stomach feeling again. Also, on the downside, my mental clarity doesn't seem as good. It's impossible to explain, so I won't bother.

I have decided to slow down the loss when I am close to goal, initially the idea was to go to 70g/day loss for the last 5kg, I've decided to keep that and add the last 2kg I'll lose by 30g/day. That adds about a month to the weight loss, and unfortunately means that my whole weight loss will (hopefully!) take just a bit longer than a year. I'm confident that everything will go to plan, as I'm now I've done the longest continuous weight loss is the last 10 years (4 1/2 months). However, of course, I'm not even half way, so who knows what will happen?

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you're feeling, because I've tried it too. For me, only protein keeps me full. Carbs just have me hungry again in 4-6 hours. Hungry as if I hadn't eaten in days kind of hungry. I really hope your new plan works for you!

    ReplyDelete